Your air conditioner has likely enjoyed a bit of a vacation during the winter months while you relied on your heater to keep your home comfortable. But now winter is gone, and summer is just a few weeks away. After sitting idle for a few months, most air conditioners have accumulated a decent amount of leaves, dirt and debris. The buildup—in addition to the months of disuse—could affect the overall efficiency of your unit. Luckily, it’s easy to get your AC ready to go before the hot weather kicks in. Plus, you’ll have the peace of mind that comes with knowing you’re safe from any unexpected breakdowns, which will result in expensive air conditioning repair in Fair Oaks, CA.
Here are a few simple steps to help get your system ready for peak performance during the summer months:
- Change the air filter: This is one of the most basic but also one of the most effective air conditioner maintenance steps. The air filter definitely needs to be changed after sitting collecting dirt all winter long. The filter works to trap the dirt from entering into the air within your home. Typically, disposable filters should be replaced at least once per month. Reusable filters should be cleaned just as often.
- Clean the ductwork: Most ductwork is packed within the ceilings and walls. Because ducts are difficult to reach, this is one task better suited for a professional experienced in air conditioning repair in Fair Oaks, CA. You can do your part to keep your ductwork in good condition by cleaning and drying any visible areas in addition to checking for any wear or damage.
- Have any broken parts repaired: Your AC will likely be working non-stop during the summer months. Having a professional check to make sure all the parts are in good shape will help prevent any unexpected breakdowns and expensive emergency repairs. A professional air conditioning repair specialist will examine each part within the unit to identify any broken or worn down areas. They will then be able to replace these parts. This can all be done before you even think about switching on the AC.
- Clean around outdoor units: Keeping the areas surrounding your unit clean is an easy way to prevent unnecessary repairs. Remove any leaves and other debris that may have accumulated at the base of the condenser. Cut away any weeds or vines that could potentially obstruct the airflow.
- Schedule an annual maintenance check: A professional air conditioning repair specialist should inspect and tune up your unit at least once a year. This simple step can help optimize the efficiency of your AC, lower your monthly energy bills and help prevent unexpected breakdowns. A good technician will have the right tools and experience to get the job done quickly and effectively. Afterwards, you’ll have the comfort of knowing your air conditioner is ready for summer—even if your bikini body isn’t.
Call Cassel Air Conditioning and Heating Service today to schedule your annual summer maintenance check and arrange any needed air conditioning repair in Fair Oaks, CA!
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by admin