After months of cooler weather, summer is finally here! As the weather heats up, your family probably relies on your air conditioner to keep cool and comfortable. But your air conditioner can’t help you if it’s failing to produce any cold air. Summer can be pretty brutal without the relief of an air conditioner. That’s why it’s so important that you quickly figure out the cause of any issues and work to achieve a solution.
However, without the proper knowledge, it can be difficult to quickly figure out the reason for the problem before the hot temperatures turn into a real emergency. This is when it’s time to call on the professionals for air conditioning repair in Fair Oaks, CA. Here are five possible reasons why your air conditioner isn’t blowing any cool air:
- Thermostat settings: Before you panic, check the thermostat settings. If the unit is set to “on,” the fan will stay on all the time, even when the AC isn’t actually working to cool your home. Instead, it’s just circulating the room temperature air. Changing the thermostat to “automatic” should fix the problem. If that doesn’t work, call a professional for air conditioning repair in Fair Oaks, CA.
- Dirty air filters: A dirty air filter could be blocking the airflow, preventing the normal flow of cool air back into the home. Check the air filters and replace them if they appear dirty. You should actually replace your air filters at least once per month for optimal performance.
- Electrical issues: Electrical problems could be the reason why your air conditioner isn’t working properly. It could be a malfunctioning thermostat, corroded contacts, defective breakers or broken wires. Electrical repairs can be incredibly dangerous, so it’s best to always leave them to a professional repair technician.
- Low refrigerant levels: Over time, your unit will leak small amounts of refrigerant each season if it isn’t charged regularly. Your AC won’t be able to effectively produce cool air if it leaks too much refrigerant. A blockage could be caused if the refrigerant freezes after it comes into contact with any moisture. Having your unit serviced annually by a professional repair technician will help keep this from happening.
- Broken parts: A broken condenser or compressor could be the reason your AC isn’t working. The condenser works to remove the warmth from the air, but it is unable to perform this task if it isn’t able to function properly. If that’s not the problem, it could be the compressor. Usually, this part pushes the cold air from the condenser to the vent. The compressor may be misaligned or malfunctioning if the vent isn’t emitting cold air. It’s best to have a professional determine the root of the problem to avoid breaking anything or making things worse.
Avoid the heat by having your air conditioner serviced by the professionals at Cassel Air Conditioning and Heating Service today. Catching minor problems will help keep your unit running all season long. Contact us to schedule an appointment for air conditioning repair in Fair Oaks, CA!
Categorised in: AC Repair
This post was written by Writer