Cities across the nation are getting blasted with extreme winter weather right now, and will continue to suffer for the next couple months. But before we know it, we’ll be in the dog days of summer and having to worry about staying as cool as possible. It’s always better to prepare yourself for summer weather early, so keep reading—this post will teach you what you need to know about getting ready to face scorching temperatures once again:
- Buy an AC: A properly running AC is vital if you want to stay safe and comfortable throughout the summer. If you don’t already have one, call today to schedule air conditioning installation in Fair Oaks, CA. The sooner you get a new unit, the better.
- Get an AC tune-up: Having an air conditioner is one thing, but making sure it runs correctly is an entirely different step in preparedness. Schedule AC maintenance right away. One of our professionals will pore over every aspect of your system to ensure it should be able to run smoothly throughout the summer without experiencing any breakdowns.
- Hang curtains or blinds: We shouldn’t have to remind you that any sunlight coming in through your windows drastically raises the temperature inside your home. The only way to stop that from happening is by installing window treatments. In fact, closing your curtains during the day (especially on south-facing windows) can reduce heat gain by as much as 45 percent.
- Install weather stripping around doors and windows: Having quality weather stripping around your doors and windows is one of the best ways to keep your cool conditioned air in and the hot air out. You’ll immediately notice that your home is more comfortable after installing weather stripping, and your energy bill is bound to be lower. The best part? You can get all of the necessary materials for just a few bucks at your local hardware store!
- Watch the weather: We recommend keeping an eye on the forecast each morning. In the middle of a heat wave, it’s crucial that you plan out your day to avoid being outside when the temperature is at its peak.
- Stay inside when possible: This is a bit of a no-brainer, but stay out of the heat if you can! Hang out inside your house, or at least go somewhere with air conditioning. If you do have to be outside, wear light colors and loose-fitting clothing. Dressing appropriately will keep you cool and more comfortable when temperatures start to climb.
- Drink plenty of water: Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Even if you don’t feel thirsty, it’s essential that you drink as much water as you possibly can. Drinking water throughout the day ensures you won’t become dehydrated, and will also help you stay cool. Additionally, try to avoid drinks with a lot of sugar or caffeine.
Whether you need a tune-up or new air conditioning installation in Fair Oaks, CA, give Cassel Air Conditioning and Heating Service a call! We’re your one-stop shop for everything related to HVAC systems. Even better, we offer high-quality services at competitive rates!
Categorised in: AC Installation
This post was written by Writer