For the next few months, the temperatures are going to steadily increase, leaving people searching for a way to cool off. A fan may do the trick in a small place, but when you have an entire home that needs to be cooled down, an air conditioner will be your likely savior. The only thing is that, before you can enjoy the cool air blowing from your currently malfunctioning air conditioner, you’ll have to decide if it is time to get it repaired or replaced.
Here are five factors you should consider when deciding if you should opt for air conditioning replacement or air conditioning repair in Fair Oaks, CA:
- Age of the unit: Every air conditioning has a lifespan, and once yours gets closer to the end, it may start to show signs of this. Before you make the decision to repair or replace your unit, you’ll want to consider how old it is. If you have a unit that is 10 years old, and it is expected to last 15 years, it may be safe to perform the repair. However, if it is closer to the 15-year mark, replacement might be a better idea.
- Cost of repairs: Repairing your air conditioning is going to cost you. Depending on the issue, this repair may be something easy and cheap to fix. If it is something that is complex, however, the repair will likely be on the expensive side. It is when these repairs start to run a bit high that people start to look into replacement. This is especially true if repairs are needed often, and it gets more expensive every time.
- Cost of replacement: Buying a new air conditioner is also going to cost you money. Just as the cost of repairs will vary, so will the cost of a new air conditioner. Some people opt to repair their unit because it is the more affordable option and their unit isn’t close to the end of its expected lifespan, so it makes sense. But when you look at the cost of repairs and it’s getting close to half the cost of replacement, you might opt to replace the entire unit.
- Energy efficiency: Repairs will be needed for an older unit for various reasons, but you can expect a lot of negative changes with time. As your air conditioner ages, it will become less and less energy efficient. When your unit isn’t operating as efficiently as it should, this can present several problems for you. Not only can you experience a spike in your energy bill, but your unit also won’t be doing the best job at keeping you cool on those warm summer days.
- Recommendation: A lot of people look to professionals for help when they are trying to make a decision regarding their air conditioner. It would be best to get your unit inspected so it can be determined what is wrong, but also so you can get a recommendation on a course of action from a professional. You may be leaning toward one option, but after speaking to an expert, they may steer you elsewhere.
It is a terrible feeling when you are too hot and can’t find a way to cool down. Air conditioners are the perfect way to keep cool in the summer, but you need to ensure your unit works properly. If your air conditioning is currently malfunctioning, the sooner you decide between replacement and repair, the sooner you can cool off.
Have you decided that air conditioning repair in Fair Oaks, CA is the best option for you? The experts at Cassel Air Conditioning and Heating Service are here to help. Contact us today!
Categorised in: AC Repair
This post was written by Writer