An air conditioning system can make your life easy and comfortable when it’s working well, but it can become a headache really quickly if it breaks down and needs repair or replacement. One way to make sure your AC unit keeps pumping out cool air is to maintain it well. A few minutes of your time now can save a lot of time in the future—not to mention a lot of money!
To make sure you avoid AC repair in Fair Oaks, CA before you really need it, check out the following tips for cost-free air conditioning maintenance:
- Protect the vents: One surefire way to get more out of your AC unit is to make sure the vents are not blocked. It’s easy to block vents with things like poorly placed furniture or your kid’s scattered toys, but doing so can hurt the flow of air through your home. You should also vacuum vents to remove any dust or debris. Doing so can keep the machine happier and also cut down on reactions in people with dust allergies.
- Keep the outdoor unit clean: Don’t neglect that outdoor condenser unit! It’s often easy to ignore the outdoor unit, but again, making sure the unit is not cluttered or obstructed by debris or weeds will help it work its best.
- Reposition heat-producing appliances: If you have something like a warm light or a microwave oven right near your thermostat, it can make your AC unit work harder. Why? The thermostat might indicate that your air needs to be cooled further, and it will kick on your system more frequently and for longer than is needed.
- Adjust your temperatures: If you can keep your temperatures a little more relaxed, you’ll save money and keep your machine working better for longer. All you need to do is move the thermostat up a few degrees in summer and down a few in winter to prevent the HVAC system from working too hard. Most modern thermostats are also programmable, allowing you to add even more nuance to your home’s temperatures. You can keep the air lower while you’re at work and program the unit to kick on more when you’re at home.
- Clear your drain line: One often-overlooked trick is to flush a cup of bleach down the air conditioning drain, which is usually found above the furnace in your basement. Using the bleach and rinsing it with a gallon of water will help the AC unit function better, as well as prevent any leaks in the basement if the line becomes blocked.
Even with good maintenance, chances are you’ll require AC repair in Fair Oaks, CA at some point. If you’re in need of exceptional service at fair prices, call Cassel Air Conditioning and Heating Service. Since 1989, we have offered a range of HVAC services, including installing and repairing duct systems and AC and heating units.
For 30 years, Cassel Air Conditioning and Heating Service has built a strong reputation in our community. Our outstanding technicians are ready to help you with all your HVAC needs. Call for more information!
Categorised in: AC Repair
This post was written by Writer