Air conditioners are complex units full of all sorts of different mechanisms that must work in harmony to produce refreshing air in your home. Unfortunately, these various components fail from time to time, which means they either need to be repaired or replaced. The most expensive part of any AC to replace or repair is the air compressor. This post will teach you everything there is to know about air compressors and AC repair in Fair Oaks, CA.
Factors that affect the cost
As you can imagine, air compressors and air compressor repairs don’t always have a predictable cost associated with them. Instead, a variety of things come into play that impact the price. Read on to learn about a few of these factors:
- Compressor size: Air compressors aren’t one-size-fits-all mechanisms. There are a variety of sizes that all work for different units. Typically, the bigger compressors are more expensive to repair or replace than the smaller ones.
- Type of compressor: Your AC unit can either use a single-stage compressor or a two-stage compressor. They might not sound all that much different to a layperson, but a single-stage compressor can be $300 less than a two-stage!
- Brand: As with any product, some brands cost more than others. While they’re typically more trustworthy, you’ll have to pay a premium to repair parts on a name-brand unit.
- Installation costs: As you can imagine, the quality of the team that installs the compressor has a big impact on the overall price you pay. Some HVAC technicians will charge a lot more for labor, which obviously means you’ll have to pay more. Be sure to shop around and choose a reputable technician who charges a competitive price.
What can be done to prevent compressor problems?
The good news regarding air compressors is that you won’t need to bother with repairs or replacement if you care for your AC. Follow the tips below, and you’ll likely never need to worry about paying for a major AC repair in Fair Oaks, CA:
- Proper installation: First things first, have your air conditioner installed by a professional HVAC contractor. You may save some money doing it yourself, but when you choose a pro, you can rest easy knowing that the unit will be set up properly and it will run into fewer issues down the road.
- Cleaning: Dirt, grime and other debris are the main culprits for compressor failure. Having your AC cleaned out once a year and keeping the outside of the unit tidy can drastically reduce the chances that your compressor breaks and needs replacement.
- Annual inspection: Call a professional to perform an inspection and a tune-up each spring. A quick maintenance call ensures that your AC should run all season long without issues. Additionally, your unit will perform better and cost less to operate after a tune-up.
Whether your AC problem is with the air compressor or a different component, be sure to choose Cassel Air Conditioning and Heating Service if you need AC repair in Fair Oaks, CA! We offer the fastest response time and most competitive prices for all of our services.
Categorised in: AC Repair
This post was written by Writer